Monday, April 9, 2012

The Weigh-In & Race

Only the essentials
Tomorrow I leave behind my family as I travel south before flying out of Heathrow on Thursday. I've spent the last couple of days packing and re-packing everything I'll need over the next few months to try and make it fit into my rucksack. With a rucksack that's only 25 litres there's a scarily small amount of stuff I can take.

Somehow, that pile in the picture manages (just about) to fit into the rucksack. Total weight is 9 kg which is about on target, and with added water will reach 11 kg.

For a comparison, before and after, I weighed myself to be 81 kg; largely thanks to driving everywhere, less visits to the gym and numerous and frequent visits to the Sainsbury's sweets isle. Just as I was coming to terms with having a 32 inch waist, a fitting for the suit for me mate's wedding determined that I needed 34 inch waist. I'm hoping for these numbers to have reduced by the time I get back, but we shall see.

The finish line
It was my last day with my family, and it was also my last day in Lymm. Every Easter Monday is the Lymm Duck Race, and I went along for the first time in years. I bought 3 streamlined, highly trained racing ducks and took up position at the finish line to watch my victory. Congratulations to whoever won (ducks 308, 993 and 127), because it wasn't me. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment