Thursday, April 26, 2012

Trenton NJ

Downtown Trenton NJ
Following Philly it was a short ride over to Trenton NJ to claim another capital. There was bugger all in Trenton and nowhere to get an internet connection to find if I had a room for the evening, so I decided to just get the train into NYC. On the way to the station I was accosted by 2 homeless guys. The first was from Trinidad and Tobago, enjoyed football and cricket, and was a pleasant enough guy. The second, 30 seconds down the road, was claiming that he was homeless, diabetic, his mum had just died, and he definitely wasn't a drug addict. Plus he called me an asshole.

Although I want to cycle everywhere, I do have my reasons for taking the train from Trenton. First of all, cycling in and around NYC is not for the faint hearted like myself. It's also a lot quicker and at only $15, pretty cheap. Finally, the cycling route would take me through Rahway, Linden and Newark which will be very familiar to some of my old colleagues. I've been there before and the wider berth these places can be given the better.

New York NY

1 comment:

  1. Stu, looks like you're having a wicked time. Hope you're good - keep updating the blog!
    Vicks and Mike x

    ReplyDelete