Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hiding From The Rain, Pt II

Sleeping opportunity number 1
The photo above shows my potential bed for the evening. It'll do for an emergency, but I wasn't really feeling it. The skies cleared and there was time to head on to De Witt, my original target, before sunset, where I could find a motel with a proper bed, a shower, and nearby food. Gathered all my stuff together, closed the door, and looked around at how bright everything was after the storm. Things aren't usually this bright. I left my glasses on the side - fucksocks! Nope, door was well and truly shut and locked and no windows were open. Whilst I was examining the slightly dodgy window round the back I was surrounded by mosquitoes when BUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz. What kind of bastard mosquito was that?!? Look at the size of it! And it has feathers! And it's a hummingbird.

Which brings us back to the much neglected wildlife list. Going through New Hampshire, Vermont and New York I have seen more grey squirrels, black squirrels, red squirrels, garter snakes, adders, deer, groundhog, beavers, tortoise, eagles, vultures, woodpeckers, tons of butterflies, tons of frogs, midges beetles dragonflies and other bugs bouncing off me glasses, and of course today's hummingbirds.

Back to the problem at hand. No way in, going to have to call the guy who let us in. He wrote his number on the pad that I left on the side inside - fucksocks! Hmmmmmm. Maybe the neighbour has his number. Score - he does! Give him a call, no he can't make it back to let us in. He suggests going in through the window. Going to have to find something to prize the window up. As I'm cycling I've got a fair few tools with me including tyre levers! Window up, through the window, glasses retrieved!

Breaking into the repossessed home of a complete stranger with a collection of medieval style axes - achieved! And comparing sleeping options 1 and 2, it was totally worth it.
Sleeping opportunity number 2

No comments:

Post a Comment