Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sunset Tours

As all five of us on the tour group had never had the experience before, we were lined up, had to cover our eyes, and with one hand on the shoulder in front were marched forward like a precession of prisoners. On opening our eyes, we were treated to this sight...
First view

And then once our eyes adjusted and I'd put me shades back on, things looked like this...
First view, once I could see again

And then I looked around and things looked like this...
First view, looking around

The Grand Canyon is immense. We were on a sunset tour so we spent the afternoon going to different spots taking plenty of photos (I was armed with both of my cameras for this trip) before finding a rock above the canyon where we could see the river in two directions, having a beer (the reduced oxygen makes walking uphill extremely tiring, but it also makes you drunk much quicker) and watching the sun set. I also managed to achieve one of my life goals that I never realised I had: having a piss off the sand dunes on West Sands (don't do it into the wind) is pretty liberating, but pissing off the Grand Canyon is just epic.
Not even this picture does the place justice

No comments:

Post a Comment