Saturday, March 31, 2012

The End

Listening to: Underworld - Born Slippy (Or I was at half 7 this morning when I turned me radio on with a raging hangover beginning)

Leaving card
At the beginning of my adventure, I'm starting with the end. Or more specifically, the end of my job. Final day yesterday and after all the customary cakes and pretending (not very hard) to look busy a number of us went out for a curry and a few drinks in Oxford.
Started off in the Cape of Good Hope. I don't think I've ever seen a bar snacks menu with salt & pepper squid or breaded pig's cheek before, but then this is Oxford. Off down Cowley road for the meal, and there's a kind of rule about curry houses: the best ones look a bit dodgy on the outside. This one looked alright on the outside, but once inside I'll admit that I was beginning to have doubts. Just keep on drinking the beer, don't look up at the hanging wires and bare and stripped walls and things could be alright. The food though, was good. Really good.
After the curry it was off to another pub where we were promised a metal evening. No such luck. What we did get though was more beer which more than makes up for it. At quarter to 1 I had to get back into the middle of town for the bus. The last time I drunkenly ran for a bus I had to get off 8 miles from home in order to be sick. But, ever the Dev Team member, I like a challenge. I was reminded once again about just how unfit I am. Despite the running I was a couple of minutes late. Turned the corner, and there was my bus! Yesterday turned out good. I didn't even have to get off the bus early. Entered the flat and was nearly overcome by naphtha fumes - just what's needed after 6 pints. Forgot that me landlord had been doing a bit of DIY to preserve the brickwork.
Many thanks to all my friends and colleagues at ABSL Space Products who have helped me and made the working day go so much faster.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your work and glad you had a good night. Meant to ask if you have your paddles for Honolulu? The front of the dragon boat won't be the same without you.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete